Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream
This recipe has more of the texture of a mousse. It pairs well with a ganache drip.
Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
This is a softer frosting that almost has a mousse texture to it.
- 1.5 cups unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cocoa powder spooned in and leveled (85 grams)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4.75 cups powdered sugar measured & then sifted (500 grams)
- 1 pinch salt
- .25 cup whole milk as needed
- Take the butter and the cream cheese out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you make the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cocoa powder (I like the Trader Joe's brand) and vanilla extract. Put mixer on low speed until combined. With you mixer on low speed, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Add milk. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed. Beat on medium high for 1 to 2 minutes. If the frosting is too soft, you can refrigerate it for about 20-30 minutes.